Oral Presentation Guideline
- It is important that all speakers report their preparedness at least two hours prior to their allocated session. (Speakers in early morning sessions could report on the afternoon of the day prior to their session).
- Please note that the time allocated to each presentation is including questions and answers.
- Powerpoint slides for a presentation on an LCD video projector are recommended.
Oral presentation rooms will be equipped with the following items:
– Notebook computer running MS Windows, with MS Office 2007 and Acrobat Reader.
– An LCD video projector
- We recommend presenters to send the presentation file to our official email: firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject “IUMRS-ICA2018_ORAL_#(Code symposia)_#(ID EASY CHAIR)”. For example, IUMRS-ICA2018_ORAL_#EEM-O1_#39. Please rename your File Name as same as the Subject and send it before October 31, 2018.
- A technician will be available in the room to assist with data projection, and other technical help. If you require assistance, please ensure you arrange it during one of the breaks prior to your presentation.
· AC Voltage is 220 V in Indonesia.
· The connector from the LCD projector to your computer is limited to a D-sub 15 pin male connector.
Guideline for Poster preparation and arrangement
The guidelines provided here will assist you in your poster preparation. Please prepare your poster material by your own budget.
- The poster should be printed in the form of standing display banner ( standing x-banner or roll-up banner).
- Poster Size: 60 cm x 160 cm
- The poster should include the main content of the paper, including title, author(s) name and affiliation as well as e-mail address, abstract, short introduction, experimental method/ theory, results and discussions, conclusion, acknowledgement, and references
- To prepare the poster, use a simple font like Trebuchet, Helvetica, Times New Roman, Arial or similar
- Text should be readable from 2 meter away. Use a minimum font size of 18 points.
- The title should be large (at least 70-point font). Use all capital letters for the title.
- It is recommended to include also email address of the author to whom correspondence is to be directed (corresponding author), and should be placed centered bellow the title
- The poster title, author(s) name and affiliation should be positioned at top-center of the banner.
- Limit the text, and use demonstrative visuals (graphs, photographs, schematics, maps, etc.) . Visuals should be simple and bold. Leave out or remove any unnecessary details.
- Graphs is preffered rather then tables (graphs make trends in the data much more evident).
- Use color to enhance comprehension, not to decorate the poster.
- Make sure that the text and the visuals are integrated. Figures should be numbered consecutively according to the order in which the are first mentioned in the text.
- Cite and refere the most representative references other than your own, just as you would do with a research paper.
- Author should remain at the poster site at the time scheduled for poster sesssion, and ready to discuss his/her work.
- The participants should bring their own posters and place them on the poster area.
- Please sent your soft files in PDF format to the committee: email@example.com by October 24, 2018.
Download the IUMRS-ICA2018 POSTER GUIDELINE
Please preparare your best oral/poster presentation by considering the following criteria.
QUALITY OF RESEARCH CONTENT :
- Appropriate and significance of research context, methods, findings and conclusion.
- Logical, coherence and thorough explanation of the research design.
- Arguments/claims are well supported by critical literature review, extensive primary research, and justified research protocols.
USE OF GRAPHIC/DIAGRAM/PHOTOS MATERIAL:
- First good impression
- Effective use of figures, photos, tables, illustrations, maps and other illustrative material
- Material presented is well organized
- Poster carefully produced : achieved through good layout, use of color, title, and other graphic devices.
- Brevity: makes points quickly through impressive visual/word balance.
- Direction: simplicity, focus, easy to follow from point to point.